Events | News | Meetings & Agendas | Site Index
  • Permits and Applications
  • Latest Developments
  • Get permit for Residential Solar Power
  • General Plan
  • Zoning
  • Maps
  • Internet Links
Permits and Applications
1-Planning DivisionTranslate Larger Text PrintShare

The following are the Community Development Department permits and applications. Applications can be filled out and submitted to the Community Development Department during the Division’s Counter Hours, along with the appropriate fees and applicable materials. Not all applications are available on-line.

Planning Division

Development Application. This application is for Plot Plan Review, Landscape Review, and Design Review projects.

Discretionary Application. This application is for Conditional Use Permits, Variances, Minor Exceptions, and Minor Use Permits.

Home Occupation Application. This application is for a business, profession, or other economic activity conducted in the principal residence of the person conducting the business.

Land Use Application. This application is for General Plan Amendments, Zoning Code Amendments, Zone Change, and Specific Plans.

Presale Inspection Request. This application is for property pre-sale inspection reports for residential and commercial property sales.

Sign Permit Application.  This application is for formal review or counter review of all new commercial signs.

Subdivision Application. This application is for Lot Line Adjustments, Tentative Parcel Maps, Tentative Tract Maps, Final Parcel Maps, and Final Tract Maps.

Temporary Use Permit Application. This application is for Film Permits, Christmas Tree Lots, Temporary Signs, Encroachments, Car Washes, Storage Containters, Outdoor Sales, Festival/Carnivals, and other temporary events.

Building Division

Building Permit Application. This application is for construction projects requesting permits for building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, grading, and other similar construction approvals.

Engineering Division

Public Works Permit Application. This application is for engineering construction, excavation, and encroachment projects into the City’s public right-of-way.


Business License Application. This application may be required to accompany other Community Development Department Applications that involve doing business within the City of Hawaiian Gardens (i.e. contractors, new business approvals, temporary events, etc.)